Stressed at work, try yoga to loosen up those nerves
Yoga originated from the Sanskrit word Yuj which means to yoke, join or unite. It is therefore, the therapy involving the integration of all aspects of human body; physiological as well as psychological to ensure healthy living.
It is considered to be one of the six branches of classical philosophy. It should be remembered that the ultimate aim of ***Yoga*** is to reach ***Kaivalya*** (emancipation or ultimate freedom).
It is rightly said that “A healthy mind resides in a healthy body”. In order to have this healthy body you need not be born lucky, you can work your way through to achieve it, as well as maintain it. However, this is easier said than done as these days life has become very hectic and stressful, with little or no time for workouts.
This is where yoga comes in. Yoga can be performed anytime, anywhere. Yoga has innumerable benefits. Some of them are:
- It helps the mind to de-stress, no matter what the age
- It is considered to be a full body workout which helps to build strength, increase flexibility, improve balance, develop coordination, reduce fatigue, clear the mind, stimulate the immune system as well as invigorate the entire body.
- It provides a foundation for lifelong health to all.
Here are two simple Yoga exercises, which you can easily do at work:
Yoga Exercise at Work for the Neck
While you are in a sitting or standing position slightly roll your head from side to side in a semi circle, tucking your chin downwards later on lifting it on the upward motion on each side.
Yoga Exercise at Work for the Shoulders
In this exercise shrug your shoulders up to the ears while inhaling deeply until your lungs feel full or air and then relax , releasing the air inhaled. Three to five times of this exercise with an audible (as much as possible at work) but soft exhalation, alerts the body that it's time to relax.
Benefits Of Yoga At Work:
- The free-flowing malleable motions of various yoga postures help open up obstructed or blocked ***Prana***; the vital principle that governs the body. This way the channels through which the Prana flow get purified.
- Psychologically, yoga soothes disturbed nerves. The ***Asanas*** provide serenity and peace by giving the nervous system a chance to rest.
- A range of lifestyle disorders can be prevented through a sustained and regular practice of yoga.
With yoga it is possible to feel fresh and good to go, even with a 20 minute workout.