Modern life is replete with deadlines, frustrations, hassles and demands. Stress has become a matter of everyday life. It however, is manageable only if one recognizes the symptoms fast and reacts promptly.
Modern life is replete with deadlines, frustrations, hassles and demands. Stress has become a matter of everyday life. Individuals of all age groups feel stressed at certain points in their lives. Workers at the workplace are stressed, so are schoolchildren and teenagers. Children too are sometimes stressed and it has a negative impact on their mental and physical health.
If you feel that your body is continuously in an emergency mode; then the strain will become obvious on your nervous system in the form of signs and symptoms of stress.
Three commonest symptoms suggesting that you are stressed are:
Stress Related Trivia-
It has been seen from statistical records that 1 out of 75 people experience panic disorder.
Stress is a top health concern for teens between 9th and 12th grade. Unless these teens learn to de-stress themselves, they can be subjected to intense mental pressure.
About 80% of workers feel stressed at their workplace. China has the highest recorded workplace stress.
- Constantly being irritated and unable to sit quietly. Restlessness too is a sign of depression.
- Sometimes, you are depressed due to stress and you lack in energy.
- At times the stress response makes you freeze. You look calm on the outside, but you are disturbed inside.
According to psychologists symptoms of stress can be categorized as Cognitive, Emotional, Behavioral and Physical. These can be explained as follows:
- Cognitive symptoms include: memory problems, poor judgment, lack of concentration, worries, racing thoughts, becoming negative and anxiety.
- The emotional symptoms can be: mood changes, short temper, a sense of isolation, depression.
- Behavioral symptoms of stress are: over eating or under eating; living in isolation, over sleeping or under sleeping, procrastinating and shunning responsibilities, using alcohol or cigarettes as an excuse to escape the tension.
- The physical symptoms of stress are: diarrhea, nausea, aches, palpitation, loss of libido, catching cold frequently, etc.
It is important for us to be aware of these signs and symptoms of stress before it is too late and one becomes a victim of stress related ailments. It is necessary to take medication to relieve yourself from the symptoms of stress. The smooth functioning of your nervous system can be impaired on account of stress. Do not allow stress to get the better of you and take timely action.